New feature: the fortress

Re: New feature: the fortress

Postby cellar door » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:16 pm

I wouldn't like to lose four castles to gain one mighty castle. ot seems counter productive. if the four castles you lose jusylt perhaps lost points say 100 per castle to build the fortress then fine but losing castles doesnt seem like a benifit
cellar door

Postby slm » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Instead of making them Free Castles, please just remove them from the map- or make them reduced point annexes owned by that player. It makes curreny strongholds weaker by building a fortress.
slm

Postby mammoth » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 pm

I think fortresses are a great idea but not at the expense of creating free castles. Its hard collect silver the larger your holdings grow, harder still to build an alliance stronghold. With free castles everywhere this game is going to be all about farming and not war.
mammoth

Postby iSwine » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:37 pm

It sounds like a cool feature to me. This should probably only be brought to the 2 newest servers, 6, 7, and of course 8 when it is unveiled.
It seems like as long as this feature is designed so its benefits outweigh the cost and time of building one(atleast eventually), it will be a really cool new aspect of the game. It's about time we spiced things up in this game. Bring it server 6 and 7, I say!!
iSwine

Postby aydcen » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:37 pm

In my opinion it is a good idea but converting 4 castles back to free castles would not be efficient. There are already morethan enough castles around.
Castles connected to centers can be towers and can be useless or can be stores for resources and silver. It would be interesting to plunder copper or silver in large amounts.
aydcen

Postby DLDS » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

I love the new idea of the fortress, however many people who would be able to do this have tons of castles, and in order to get another, have to save up tons of silver, myself included. My suggestion is that instead of having to use silver to make a fortress, use copper, or create a new currency specifically for the purpose of making a fortress.
DLDS

Postby Borgdrone » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 pm

I can't wait for it to happen. It is such a good idea.
Borgdrone

Postby Parkside » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:49 pm

All this is doing is reducing your castles by 80% you'll still need 3+ fortresses to capture another fortress.
This means more playing time because you'll still have to upgrade your 5 castles before it can be upgraded to a fortress.

Just make it easier for players, increase the stores.
Parkside

Postby Emiel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:57 pm

I've been waiting for something like this. The game is/was in need of a way to diversify the gameplay. I think the sated requirements and implied eventual bonuses serve well as both the incentive to build the fortress as well as a way to make the process prohibitive but also fair.

Frankly, it will likely save the older servers if implemented on them as they are already down to the die-hard players and need a revitalization of sorts.

Well done👍
Emiel

Postby boothy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:01 pm

If this is implemented on the old servers I will quit cold, this is by far the dumbest thing ever. If you want to try this out then try it out on a sever called the fortress. And not any other normal servers. This way all the farmers can go to that server and all the guys who like war can play the game as it should be played a war game. Once again dumbest ideal ever and maybe should thing of replacing the crew who thought of it.
boothy

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feedback