New feature: the fortress

Re: New feature: the fortress

Postby Lord Rick » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Initially it sounds like a good idea, however on the larger servers it's hard enough to take a level 288 castle from an active player as it is let alone a fortress, it's only going to turn more players off the game. How many millions of men will be needed to take one!!!
Lord Rick

Postby oavlo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Sounds like a good idea but it should include new troops new fortification mods? If it's gonna cost silver. Also all troops perviously should be merged into a new force. As for having 4 free castles close bothers me a bit these should be removed and a larger fortress in place taking the space or return to wild.
oavlo

Postby LoonaZ78 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:22 pm

I don't build castles all the way up as it is an asinine way to gain power and a complete waste of resources and time. So if you require me to drop control of several of my castles AFTER I've wasted the time and resources to build them up to 288 points I will pass. Put that crap on new servers and leave existing ones alone.
LoonaZ78

Postby TuckyRD » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:26 pm

A very bad idea, has massive flaws, if I create a Fortress and 4 free castles around me what if I'm too slow to cal hear and others fill in the spaces? Won't the server grow too fast? The edges and the centre growing wouldn't the server outgrow itself? Certainly be a poor ratio of player - FCs.

If you want to add an edge to the game just create new troops, new defence researchers like drawbridges, moats and pitch ditches, new attack troops are a must, it's getting very boring having only 3 types. Where are catapults? Mace men, horse archers, add some diversity to troops rather than a new money making scheme. Most gold users will probably just buy the new surrounding FCs, where does that leave us non-gold users?
TuckyRD

Postby Dark Assassin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 pm

I believe what they mean is that even though you lose 4 castles, you keep the points, that way you dont lose rank
Dark Assassin

Postby Rouge » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Unless it speed up troop build times 5x
Too long to reload troops on a 25k + farm
Great silver machines

New servers (10k farm) take too long to build troops (months)
Current castles reload -22 to 24 days

Farmers dream
Build em We Will takem
Rouge

Postby jbsoul » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:44 pm

i hope US 1 is one of the servers for the trial, so that we can see some new life on it
jbsoul

Postby Braos Inful » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:49 pm

My Suggestion is this:

When you successfully create the fortress, each outlying castle becomes a "Defensive Emplacement"

What this means:

The Central Fortress recieves all the build power from the five original castles, and can redistribute its military power to launch from any of the four defensive emplacements. So instead of one launching point it has four.

To eliminate a Fortress all four defensive emlacements must be captured, and they return to a regular castle at capture.

The idea that we lose 4the castles, Whatever the amount of silver to cap them, plus the silver to build: the fortress center, the connections, and finally upgrade to fortress. Only to lose those four castles is Absurd. Gameplay would slow down exponentially and eventually the only castle type anyone would use would be the fortress. Meaning new players would immediately be at a major disadvantage.

New and better castles are great. But they need to not be so cost ineffective. Otherwise you risk turning off players to the game.
Braos Inful

Postby aaaaasiaaaaasib » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Its an awesome idea...but use of it in existing servers should only be provided for alliance leadership. ..and
New advanced trooops and technology will be greatly appreciated
aaaaasiaaaaasib

Postby Parkside » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Bad idea.

Just increase the stores to 50k and increase the castle defence to 200%. Players WILL leave once they start losing fortresses to large bullying alliances.
Parkside

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feedback