New feature: the fortress

Re: New feature: the fortress

Postby jayroe » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:29 pm

This would not be good for older world's. Player's with 200+ Castle would easily dominant. This would only work a new servers.
jayroe

Postby TrueSunShine » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Before you introduce a new feature to the game on any server (with the possible exception of a total troop counter similar to the silver counter for a targeted attack)...Please clean up the current problems in the game.

Example...one of my alliance's players started a launch on this past Saturday...logged off...and could not log on on any device...and still hasn't been able to log back into the game...two days later! He reported the problem the same day! It is Xrality's problem, and he still can't log in. We have played more than 2 years. It seems to me it's incumbant that there be a faster correction to his problem.

In addition the servers are constantly lagging. It appears that there are some major things that require attention before you add more complexity to the game you are already having trouble keeping functional.
TrueSunShine

Postby Dark Knight STS » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:34 pm

I think it will be intressting for the gameplay. For the bigger players it will be much more easier to maintain their castles. It is better to go through 40 fortresses than 200 castles. It easier to send attacks from 4 fortresses instead of 20 castles. It will relief the big players from stupid upgrading to having more time to go for strategics.

Some are worried for breaking up their defence by available 4 free castles. But who is going to take a free castle next to a fortress. I think you will get it back very quickly.

I think it is an intressting change for the gameplay and you will need to adapt to these change. But is the same as with the synchro features which has been implemented some months ago. This also required a major change in the strategics.
Dark Knight STS

Postby ddschwab9182 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:37 pm

I think this is a great idea. I also think the free castle spawning is a good portion of it. The only way people around you will get fortresses, which is most likely going to be your own alliance, it's for those free castles to be Spohn. Otherwise there won't be enough castles in your strongholds for each player to even get one or two fortresses. I think use of a little bit of coordination, there should not be too much of an issue of somebody Swooping in to take your free castles.

I'm not sure there can be too much else to recommend, not until actual figures are shown.
I would like to see the castles that can be linked to a stronghold center to be at least up to five fields away if not further. I think one or two field is very restrictive and would cause more issues. Otherwise I think just seeing more of the detailed stats and information would be needed for any more recommendations.

All in all a good start.
ddschwab9182

Postby Hippie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:52 pm

I think this is an awful feature. Please do not add this to existing servers. You will ruin game play!!!!
Hippie

Postby sps12les » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Quit tinkering with the game or I will quit. So will my friends. This is bullshit just to raise gold/revenue.
sps12les

Postby sps12les » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 pm

You are ruining the experience just to raise revenue. Bad idea
sps12les

Postby kedlene » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Love the idea!!!! It will add more strategy n fun to the game I think
kedlene

Postby Snappa » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Awesome idea. Special troops only available in the fortress would be a great idea too as someone suggested earlier. This should be implemented on every server. The fact that you have to retake the 4 castles and build them up again will make people think twice about where they create a fortress and not just have them appearing all over the map. Looking forward to this...
Snappa

Postby wboro » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 pm

while i feel this will be a decent idea for new servers it will take away from the game play on current servers.

it will hurt more than help players in a war and also take away from the skill needed to play the game.

This will hinder the skill level needed to play the game and only hurt the level of play needed on a battle day. Try it on a new server all you want, but i highly suggest that this not be implemented into an existing server
wboro

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feedback