New feature: the fortress

Re: New feature: the fortress

Postby Promachos » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:17 pm

I think is a great idea and would bring some much needed variety. It would give the land a new topography. with that in mind, it think there should be counterbalances. For instance - spies should be able to sabotage structures, reducing their production rate or temporarily inhibiting functions.
Promachos

Postby Eric the Viking » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:44 pm

A castle and a fortress are the same thing, just increase all stores and defences. If this goes ahead many will leave just adding to the many inactive players already dotted about.

I say no to the fortress and all players should be treated the same in all servers.
Eric the Viking

Postby Mr C. » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Love it!!! Do it!!! Let's go.
Mr C.

Postby ShadoKnyte » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:09 am

Interesting!

I agree it would cause disruption in existing servers, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some new war aspects!

I think I'd have to get something close to twice the military capability of the base five combined to make it worth painting a big red target on me, but if they do right, it's a potentially game changing implementation that will add a whole lot more depth and fun to L&K!!

I agree with the idea of new units, hopefully they are as well, commensurately more devastating...! Maybe have some specific siege units like ballistae, catapults, sappers... That, say, are reflected by like 1% damage increase per unit, for all troops involved in battle, and vice versa for defense...

The units of course would require greater personnel as well as resource and training time, so personal choice of balance must be found between specialty units and traditional units...

As to the self develop vs fight argument, it's still always up to each gamer how much time will be devoted to any given aspect of the game...

It would be nice to have an easier way for alliances to reclaim inactives tho, particularly with these Fortress' on the horizon!!

It would also be nice to have troop and resource mobility enhancements, some how...

And why do we have to lose the beholden castles? We're going to pay for the new developments, why not just like cut the beholden castles' development in half, to be rebuilt, and then give any beholden castles extra perks for troop and resource transfers, am maybe share in new researches so long as they remain beholden.

Just a thought...!! ;)
ShadoKnyte

Postby matecat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:35 am

If you like to keep the players and find more new I think you will need for new things like the fortress.

I have lots of castles, I hope it will make it easier to manage them. And l'm personally looking forward to see how it works...
matecat

Postby Graffff » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:37 am

I think, that the fortress will be bad! :roll:
Graffff

Postby Lucifer ii|;)' » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:51 am

I think it's a more than great idea. It will give an extra dimension to the game. Of course there are a lot of people against it. There against progress and rather play simcity on the l&k servers than the game it self.

I hope it comes to the dutch server nl3. "Cause that's where I play the game. ;)
Lucifer ii|;)'

Postby The Scotsman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:18 pm

I feel this is a bad idea. It rewards gold users and it will kill off newbies. I understand the game creators need to earn money through gold but the new fortress idea is too much. It is an unfair advantage to gold users and will result in more new players quiting the game. Anyone that uses gold will be too powerful to attack for players that don't use gold. There must be a better way and fairer way to improve the game.
The Scotsman

Postby Wildmind » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:26 pm

The idea looks and sounds really great, but do not implement it on the older servers, as the "campers" (players that play on their own and just take the castles near to their "Personnal stronghold", you know, that kind of selfish player, will be too advantages. This uodate, on new server, will be great. It will however ruin the strategy on the older ones. If you want more units per castles on the old servers let the farm go up to the level 31 for example (;
Wildmind

Private Message
Wildmind

Postby skeletor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Lol all for new way of playing an opening up castles in maphelk ya USA 7 is ready
skeletor

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feedback