New feature: the fortress

The Fortress Idea

Postby Baron Of Death » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 pm

I think the fortress idea is great. THE bigger players will have chances to minimize the outrageous number of castles they have captured over time. Even though they will minimize the number of castles their strength will remain the same sense the fortes is harder to capture and requires a great number of troops to overwhelm.

I just hope that we can produce a large number of troops to attack others also.
Baron Of Death

Re: New feature: the fortress

Postby Frederigo PK » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:50 pm

I like the idea that the castles that contribute to the fortress are linked, but I dont agree that they should be turned into free castles, maybe instead, the player would have to pay upkeep for the castle? As a disadvantage, but maybe as an advantage, introduce siege weapons that would be interesting!
It also gives the SH's a stronger more advanced center, and changes the overall game idea. I do like the idea but losing a castle is too much. I think the new idea is brilliant and once completely planned and set out should be implemented, it looks fantastic. Would completely change the strategy point of view. I think both offensive and defensive trickles should also take more men, maybe 101 not 51...
Frederigo PK

Postby Frederigo PK » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:52 pm

However in a way I do like that the castles with revert to Free castles, as it will give more players the chance to move into the centre of the map, making for an over all better game. More interesting wars.
But if this is to be so, the fortress's need to be a lot stronger and more capable than the five castles combining to farm it.
Frederigo PK

Postby kdreese » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 pm

I think 3 castles would be much more reasonable. It may cause a slight imbalance but would shake up some quiet servers. Again 3 castles seems more reasonable.
kdreese

Postby powerplay » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:51 am

I like the fortress idea - I would use it to make some of my smaller clusters easier to manage - In my larger clusters I would probably start working on converting all castles to fortresses by recapping the free castles that are generated - I would not be inclined to spend the large amount of gold required to annex these free castles but would conquer them the old fashioned way. Hopefully my troops could be upgraded to stronger and faster capabilities - maybe some new cool troop types for fortresses only - dragons for example. Thanks for thinking of ways to make the game more fun.
powerplay

Postby Geist » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:15 am

Thank you very much for all the feedback concerning the fortress!

We have noted all your suggestions and concerns and will go through them carefully.

But we already would like to comment on some of the most asked questions and concerns:

Question: If there will spawn free castles by the creation of a fortress, the enemy can easily settle in our stronghold. Alternatively I have to rebuild all those free castles. So why would there spawn free castles with the creation of a fortress?

Answer: When an enemy conquers a new free castle, he also has to build it up before it becomes a thread. Our goal is to get some movement into the game, since on the old worlds there are strongly entrenched positions. But we will surely keep this issue in mind during the further development of the feature.

Question: Why would I create a fortress when I lose all my painfully built up castles during the process?

Answer: The castles which are bound to the fortress will merge their productive, defensive, troop stocking and resource stocking capabilities and improve them more than it would be possible for the separate castles. So the player will not lose anything but get an advantage by creating a fortress after a short time.

Question: Won’t it be even harder to launch a successful big push against fortresses?

Answer: Throughout the strongly increased count of troops required for getting to the next battle round, a trickle will be way more expensive when defending a fortress. The gameplay will change, but our goal is to adjust the stats of the fortress so that they will be mighty bastions, which are not impregnable anyhow.

In any case we will be very careful when implementing the fortress, so at the end every player profits by this new feature.

We will keep on working on the details of the fortress and keep you posted!

Your Lords & Knights team
Geist

Postby nayungxiao » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:32 pm

have you heard players call and claim they 'Stronghold(SH) Area'??
what and how they SH look like?
what the point by call SH?

There is no any symbole from any alliances show there Power.
There is no evidence to show your loyalty -secrify your castles, silver, item and troops for your alliance.
There is no castle can attack and defence togather(multiple players)
There is no place to braveplayers to standup till the end.-always ran away once they alliance defeated.

Stronghold/Fortress is the symbole of alliance power. give alot of benefit.

Stronghold/Fortress is last chance...
just last chance...
lol
nayungxiao

Postby kbm » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:31 pm

I have been meaning To suggest something like this for a while now as managing over 100 castles individually is far too time consuming. Please implement it existing servers. I think a lot of players are going inactive because it's becomes too time consuming. Time has been an issue for me so this might just keep me playing the game a bit longer if it's added to my server.
kbm

Postby Worf » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 am

You should get access to a new troop type day a catapult that can be used in a seige and to damage and reduce a castles fortification level or degrade existing buildings etc as well as do damage to troops. This will also help reduce a defender trickling in 50 troops per battle without consequences
Worf

Postby LoonaZ78 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:18 pm

All of you talking about difficulty in managing your castles are forgetting you're adding four new targets right next to you that you will want to reoccupy meaning you haven't saved yourself any work.
Where is the offensive advantage to offset the supposed major defensive advantage of the fortress?
LoonaZ78

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feedback