We are currently working on a special new feature that is nearing it’s completion: the fortress
We want to offer our most loyal players, who have been around for a long time, a special game experience that will lastingly change the current gameplay and will add more variety to the game in the long run.
The most important information about the fortress can be found in the following Q&A section.Please note: As the fortress is a great expansion, we may still have to adjust some of it’s traits. For this reason your feedback is especially important!What is the fortress?
The fortress is a feature that allows you to merge several of your castles into a single mighty fortress.Why should I build a fortress?
- The fortress will make your realm more powerful through increased production, storage capacity, subjects and a defensive bonus in the long run.
- Furthermore, the creation of a fortress will facilitate both the administration effort and organization of your defense.
- But beware: at first, the fortress is not as powerful as the castles from which it was created. It must first be improved to attain it’s full strength.What are the new features of the fortress?
- The fortress can store more resources and units that the five single castles from which it was created.
- New missions and researchable knowledges improve your resource gain even further.
- The fortress has a different icon on the map, so that everyone can marvel at your bulwark.
- It will also have a brand now image in the castle view.How do I create a fortress?
- In order to create a fortress, you will need 5 fully upgraded castles that are close to one another. Each will have to have researched the new knowledge “Fortress construction”.
- You will decide which of the castles will become the fortress center in the keep and then you can bind the other castles to the fortress center one by one. The distance between the fortress center and any of the bound castles can not be larger than some fields.
- You can create the fortress once you have bound 4 castles to the fortress center.How much will creating a fortress cost?
- The cost to create a fortress center are several thousands of silver, this process will take some hours
- The costs to bind another castle to the fortress center are several thousand of silver per castle that have to be payed from the fortress center. The binding process will take some hours per castle.
- The costs for the actual creation of the fortress once all required castles have been bound to it are another thousands of silver and the construction time will take another some hours.What are the battle rules for the fortress?
- In order to have another battle round, there have to be a lot more combatants on both sides than the usual 100 each.
- Conquering a fortress costs much more silver than conquering a regular castle.Can I bind castles that are bound to one fortress center to another one?
Yes. All castles (including the fortress center) can be bound to another fortress center, should the situation on the map have changed or a planing error have occurred, providing the fortress has not been fully constructed yet.Can the construction of a fortress be undone?
No. A fortress can not be destroyed again.What happens to the castles after the fortress has been created?
The fortress center will become the fortress. The other castles will become free castles.Which worlds will have access to the fortress feature?
Please understand that we will have to thoroughly test the fortress, before we can decide whether we will activate it everywhere. On which worlds the test run will take place is not decided yet.
Feel free to leave your feedback in this thread, so that we can continue developing this feature according to your wishes.
Your Lords & Knights team