Metro troop build times

Metro troop build times

Postby DoRG » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:50 am

I just got my first metro, yay!
I ran the numbers on the troop build times, it looks t me like a Metro can only build troops as fast a a single city. A city produces troops 5x as fast as a fort, why doesn’t a metro produce troops at 5x the speed of a city?

Am I wrong in my math?

This is a worse imbalance than the capture-silver adjustment that you just released.
DoRG

Re: Metro troop build times

Postby Bilbo-LKotA » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:55 am

Metro troop build is way too slow compared to a single City. It needs to be at least the same as the speed of the 5 Cities it created.
Bilbo-LKotA

Postby Bilbo-LKotA » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:45 pm

It takes 50 days to build all the troops in a fully developed City (archers).
It seems reasonable that you build all the troops for a Metro once fully developed, at 50 days,
Due to the extra troop capacity I a City, it would need to be much more than 5x the speed of a City.
Perhaps 10 times the speed of a City would be a good starting point. I.e. 2 seconds to build an archer.
Bilbo-LKotA

Postby Jking777 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:12 pm

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Making building metropolises unattractive does not make sense. Only use currently is for silver. But if your in a world with a lot of action and fights you rather have 5 cities. Recruitment times need to 5 times less of a city to at least match it. Talked with multiple people over different servers and they all agree. Think the silver update was even less important since there are ways around that. You dont want to wait like 6-12 months for full troop count.
Jking777

Postby typosyn » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:18 pm

yup, got first metropolis too. Indeed troop recruiting is the same as a city. Given that one merged 5 cities, speed is effectively 5 times slower. This is useless, I rather keep cities to get 5 times more troops in the same amount of time. And with mass functions it is not so difficult.
typosyn

Postby Bilbo-LKotA » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:55 pm

It does discourage attacking players given the slow troop build. I get that they are a little stronger but only by a very small margin.
The very slow troop build is a major drawback on what is supposed to be a wargame….
Bilbo-LKotA

Postby kleptos » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:34 pm

I am also not sure how much the actual capacity gain is as the buildings eat a lot of the additional capacity up. But it all clmes down to recruiting speeds - too slow to be encouraged to build onf if there is any war going on
kleptos

Postby Bilbo-LKotA » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:53 pm

To the developers, can the Troop Build time for the Metro be reviewed favourably please.

Just 1 attack on a City puts the Metro troop build time at around 50 days. This seems disproportionate to its size and the speed of building troops in a Ciy.
Thank you
Bilbo-LKotA

Postby Saltwater » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:23 pm

Not creating any more metros. Recruiting is broken.
Saltwater

Postby kleptos » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:18 pm

One day you would hope that they change it to 5x city recruitment speed. Shouldnt be that difficult
kleptos

Return to Suggestions & Feedback