The fortress: FAQ

General Lords & Knights topics

Re: The fortress: FAQ

Postby tmacdog » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:17 am

The game is called lords and KNIGHTS. Not Lords and castles!

Super cluster = super farmer.

How about gun powder and cannons instead? So i can blow a huge hole in your super farming cluster?
tmacdog

Postby bear » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:45 am

I am using lk version 3.3.1 on my iphone (using old ios no 5)
On my android i am using last version od lk
When i create fortress via android, how will i see it/use it on iphone?
bear

Postby Gianf » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:55 am

I think that creating new castles free is not the right way! is something that can curb the desire to build new fortresses species in fortresses where for years he struggled with the aim to close ranks. This thing upsets all previous tactics is therefore likely to be unimplemented in the villages of alliance. different speech to the edge map or for players isolated.

I think you can create new castles free in the new server where everything is still developing, we will adjust accordingly and forward. In older servers this castle free should not be put.
Gianf

Postby Gianf » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Centurion wrote:I have some suggestions to make:

1- Besides the fortress, i would create the concept of Cidadel too. Cidadel will be the ultimate kind of castle!
Formed by 10 castles up to 10 fields from the keep(center). The numbers can doubled as of the Fortress!

2- Merging worlds of the same country. Since the map have hexagonal form, you can combine the worlds just by link them by the fringe of the map. Every year you will add one world at time. e.g. Word BR1 + World Br2 on this year and then just add World BR3 in 2015 and so on up to the limit of 06 sides. These could prevent, from my point of view, demotivation from all players when you create a new server. They will continue to play hard because they will know that in one year ahead the new world will be merged with the oldest world and so on.

3- By expanding the map you can also create new events such as campaigns of conquest or even defense of the aliance or the server as well against any threat. Imagine if we have campaigns such as Vinking Invasion, cruzades or others campaings that keep all friends playing together to reach the missons in order to receive some benefits such as new or special units or even features for our castles. For cruzade events, we can assemble an army just for fight as cruzaders in other world created just with this purpose. In the other hand, you could also created an opposite army to fight against us! Diferent types of castle and so on. If we win this campaign, we will be rewarded with special troops for our castles. If we lose. We lost silver, troops or even castles in our world just to pay the debts of the cruzade.

4- will be great if we can see types of rankings among the servers. Who is the largest landlord of the game? Let everybody knows who is who In the countries and in the game too.

this one seems like a great idea! the main problem with this game is the inactivity of the oldest players in the server! you'll end up having completely inactive server! What will you do? erase them? you will keep them active only for statistics? or you want to find a way for not to lose your players?

maintain the historical players of this game is more productive than attracting new, that in 50% or more of the cases then they stop to play in the first weeks of life.

the old players of this game love it, grow it, and if tempted never stop playing. If the server 1 (older and inactive the next) the players know that in a short time will be united and joined by players of the server 2 there would be a real resurgence! potrebbere new players return to play or pushed by the chance to compete in such a competitive servers enter directly in the first 2 rather than in the past. And so on through the years, adding servers from time to time in the older one, generating new strategies of alliance and even gambling.
Gianf

Postby dougiebigd » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I love the idea if fortresses. I really think though you just need to alliminate the 4 castles , not turn them into free castles. We have too many castles as it is and the servers are loosing players not gaining. This would be a great way to shrink the world and give the remaining interested players a sense that they matter
dougiebigd

Postby alfabeth » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:08 pm

I am a little bit worried that this stimulates the peaceful castle upgraders, and that the game will be farmville instead of a wargame.
The idea is nice, but indeed better give canons and other weapons to add to the destruction of others, and let's fight more instead of using our silver and resources in endless weeks of building. This slows the game down, it should on the other hand be more aggressive and dangerous.
alfabeth

Postby Stormborn » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:26 pm

I am seeing a whole lot of questions, many of which are repeated, and yet, I am seeing no answers from LnK. Of course, there are numerous posts of complaints, suggestions, and praise, but the revision is nearly upon us, for good or ill, and these questions need to be answered. I believe the most critical question are what happens to the troops at the five castles that form the Fortress? Copper, as well? One can argue that 100k silver is far too expensive, but it is what it is. If the troops are lost at the five, or even four castles, this is a show stopper, but nevertheless important to know.
Stormborn

Postby Stormborn » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:30 pm

What happens to the troops, or copper, is simply not discussed in the info. Of interest, but not as important is related to castle points. What will the point value be of the resultant FCs? What is the point value of the initially created Fortress and a maxed Fortress. Worthwhile or not, points, average points, and rankings is part of the goal setting in this game. How many points do we stand to lose when the Fortress is created and how many may we recoup by upgrading the Fortress?
Stormborn

Postby Stormborn » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 pm

Other than that, I am willing to give it a go and make the best of it. However, I feel the overall game is still highly imbalanced to favor the defender. I would like to see future updates attempt to balance things out a bit for the attacker. New units, such as siege engines, towers, and trebuchet, have been suggested. If an attacker stands to lose five caps worth of silver on a Fortress that is trickled with 251 trickle groups, why would he risk so much, when he could simply cap five castles and form his own Fortress. I think the risk of losing that much silver on a single cap will serve as a deterrent to any attacker that can find safer targets in capping castles.
Stormborn

Postby surko » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:35 am

Esto va a hacer desaparecer a muchos pequeños jugadores y a dificultar el crecimiento de los noveles. Creo que es un error. Solo favorece a los mas grandes y que puedan usar oro en abundancia. Los que han jugado por todo el mapa quedan en clara desventaja.
surko

PreviousNext

Return to General