The fortress: FAQ

General Lords & Knights topics

Re: The fortress: FAQ

Postby Lethargos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:36 pm

What value will the FC spawned as the fortress is created have for the 4 "lost" castles?

13pt?
40pt?
288pt?
Lethargos

Postby Funky » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Hey, what happens to the soldiers you have in the castles that a fortress was built with? Are they destroyed or they will be attributed to the fortress?
Funky

Postby The A-Man » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:34 pm

No no no no no. Change this decision before it is too late

The fortress is an awful idea for a mature server. People have invested too much time in the game for you to change the balance now

Any material change is wrong. But this is worse because this will change the balance in a way that makes the game more dull. It favours:
- those who spend time building up castles over those who spend their time attacking / defending
- big strongholds over invading forces
- those who build up their castles to 288 even though they are more effective with market at 5 etc
- those who don't dripfeed

This is just bad bad bad

I reckon I have spent 2000 hrs on this game and you are going to throw that away?
The A-Man

Postby CetaMasinaaaa » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 pm

This only can work for first servers where most players have over 100k points..in other way game will be f*cked
CetaMasinaaaa

Postby CetaMasinaaaa » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 pm

This only can work for first servers where most players have over 100k points..in other way game will be f*cked
CetaMasinaaaa

Postby ukshea » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:46 pm

What about battle servers as already with a normal castle population is 10 000 and you already need 501 troops to continue a battle round does that alter if it's a fortress ?
ukshea

Postby Custos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Please don't create more free castles

Very bad idea, will ruin the game and I for one will quit
Custos

Postby Hypnotiz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Interesting idea,
My main account has 250+ castles so admin a pain.... And many are not in groups tight enough to be come fortresses but...

My main cluster could become much more effective with a few fortresses built up... And I like the idea of being able to attack or fake from one place with a possible 200k of silver... Will make guessing real vs diversion attacks much more challenging.

I am not sure if this will solve the main problem though which is losing players from the game ... On AUST 1 I am in a war that is like the final rounds of a boxing match ... Small ops are pretty much all anyone has time or energy for... And new players are hard to find or bring into the action LOL.

So fortresses... Nice idea and I will build some ... Pat on the back for the team for coming up with something positive.
Hypnotiz

Postby bobix » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:40 pm

The A-Man wrote:No no no no no. Change this decision before it is too late

The fortress is an awful idea for a mature server. People have invested too much time in the game for you to change the balance now

Any material change is wrong. But this is worse because this will change the balance in a way that makes the game more dull. It favours:
- those who spend time building up castles over those who spend their time attacking / defending
- big strongholds over invading forces
- those who build up their castles to 288 even though they are more effective with market at 5 etc
- those who don't dripfeed

This is just bad bad bad

I reckon I have spent 2000 hrs on this game and you are going to throw that away?

Absolutely agree! This should be on new servers where people will know that from the bigining. And even in that case this is awful idea and I will more likely quit! And will make my wife happy :D
bobix

Postby ThaCoyote » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:49 pm

What does this mean: "Current attacks are canceled though."
Please elaborate more on this: What happens when:
1) I attack a regular castle, the enemy then includes that castle within a fortress. What happens with my silver and my troops? Are they returning home automatically? Will they return my silver? Do they still have to traverse the remainder of their journey? Does it mean an enemy can evade the attack by doing so? This cannot be the case!
2) I'm attacking from a castle. While my troops are on their way, or while they are still attacking, I include castle in a fortress. What happens?

Please fully explain what it means
ThaCoyote

PreviousNext

Return to General