Can someone me in which server the fortress has been activated before only
aaditya

Re: The fortress: FAQ

Postby ARROW » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:39 pm

it has been activated at dutch 3 and few other servers a week ago
ARROW

Postby Lord Walker » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:45 pm

This fortress upgrade is fare, but unclear to players on some issues. Please post for all.

I am assuming all troops, resources, silver and copper will be sent to the fortress center once made from the other 4 castles so nothing current will be lost. Your instructions are unclear.

To make the fortress it will require a researched upgrade? Please post the research time so we can plan accordingly.

Thanks for your clarification!
Lord Walker

Postby lily » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:55 am

Thanks for your post ARROW. It answers a couple of questions. The fortress looks beautiful too.

Here's where it works:
-Players with high number of castles can make fortresses to minimize castles and thus castle management, while still keeping all their strength.
-Interesting new feature that will give bored players something new to look at. It will completely change game strategies. New strategies will have to be created.
-New graphics brings new excitement.

Here's where it doesn't work....

1. For small players this is a nightmare. Not enough castles, 100k silver is Too much, 3 field distance is too close.
2. For people that have clusters they have just become the strongest players in the game(or at the very least received a Huge advantage), for those that spread their castles out, now their completely inferior.
Why do people spread their castles? Because this is a War game. You won't always get 5 castles within 3 fields of eachother during war.
Thus...
3. This encourages farming and discourages war. Now people have to waste time and resources maxing castles to 288, then getting 100k silver, then more time and resources to finish the fortress. It's Not Fun.
That's time and resources that could've been spent attacking an enemy sh.
4. Now your vulnerable because FCs are created next to you, which you must recap ASAP so your enemy doesn't. Hence more time and resources wasted.
5. It increases free castles values. People will be fighting for those free castles or inactive castles now to create the 5 castle limit. Rather than welcoming neighbor teammates and working to fight your enemy.
6. People will be busy focusing in their fortresses and OP activity will drop. It takes a Lot of time to build a fortress. Need to save a lot of resources for that.
7. In ops people will probably look for castles that can finish their clusters, which will make war planning a nightmare.
8. I for one can't remember the last time I built a FC from scratch, and I hate it because it's so boring. I was so glad when I was finally done with it, and now your forcing us back into it.
9. Why? My guess is greed. The only way to get out of this is by using gold. Gold let's you annex FCs, rush silver, increase production, rush castle upgrades, etc. It's the only way to get this stuff done quickly so you can go back to attacking red.
10. If fully built fortresses are so hard to take then it'd imagine wars will last forever. People are complaining that wars last too long already, I'm expecting this will make it even longer now.

I love this game and I have spent a lot of gold and time here already.... I don't know how much more I will spend after this update though....
lily

Postby alfabeth » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Wow Lily thanks for your post, and I couldn't agree more :-)
alfabeth

Postby ARROW » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:13 pm

@ lily. this is what i know

A new research is available at lvl 10 library "fortress construction"
cost : 9000 of each resource
time: 24 hours to finish

A new option at keep "construct the fortress"
requirements:
1. fortress construction research
2. fully developed castle
Cost: 20000 silver
Time: 48 hours to finish
ARROW

Postby ARROW » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:18 pm

@ lily

your analysis is very accurate and correct.

if they make just 2 changes then this update should not be too bad.

1. the castles used to make fortress should disappear instead of appearing as free castles.

2. distance between 5 castles should be increased from 3 to atleast 15 fields.
ARROW

Postby Guardian91 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:09 pm

I am very happy to see a new element of strategy coming to this strategy game. One question: you state that each linked castle must contain 20,000 silver to create a fortress. Will this silver be used up in the creation of the fortress, or moved to the fortress upon its completion?
Guardian91

Postby 48000020 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:17 pm

الحصن

Postby Baron Of Death » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:32 am

When will the fortresses launch....

It is 12/9/14
Baron Of Death

PreviousNext

Return to General