Free Castle clear up suggestion

Free Castle clear up suggestion

Postby LadyLola » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 pm

As more and more fortresses are getting built, there are even more free castles appearing on the map and as the players are getting bigger they are less likely to want to spend silver or gold on a 40 point castle.
My suggestion would be that there is an event where free castles cost a really low level of silver (1000 per free castle or 1% of normal cost of silver)
This still means that players have to build them up but at least they're getting them at a low price.
LadyLola

Re: Free Castle clear up suggestion

Postby GrayFox » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:11 am

Good idea!
GrayFox

Postby ᷈ɑͥʀͣʗͫ ɑɴͭɡͪɛͤɭ ᷉ » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:21 pm

1% or even 1k silver is way way too low!

I had 120+ castles and 45 Forts on UK 3 and as a basic principle I kept enough silver for 2 targets at all times so I would be ready for a war.

That's 690k silver at all times meaning at 1k per castle I could launch and cap 690 frees in one hit! Ridiculous!
At 1% 6.9k silver still allows me to take upwards of 80 castles in a single attacking spree. (Assuming 6.91k for second, 6.92k for third and so on...)

All that is assuming I had only the minimal levels of silver described. Holding 5M+ silver was not unusual so this effect becomes even more exaggerated.

I agree that there should be an event to help mop up the frees left behind from a fort creation but only to the extent of the land reform or maybe even a 60% reduction in their cost to capture at most.

I think what really needs to happen is that an event should be introduced to lower the silver required to cap a castle of an active player (recorded account login within last 30 days who is larger than yourself)). During these events the support bridge and sync features should also be disabled meaning that wars are promoted/ encouraged and the defender is at more of a disadvantage during this event especially if he is far larger as this opens him/her up to more potential attackers. It would be a taste of old school Lords and Knights without permanently undoing the upgrades which many players (especially the bigger ones) depend on to manage their vast resources, troops etc.
It would also increase the risk of developing into more and more castles and points as well as the reward. In effect your castles are assets normally but also a liability for you during the event.
᷈ɑͥʀͣʗͫ ɑɴͭɡͪɛͤɭ ᷉

Re: Free Castle clear up suggestio

Postby Parkside » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Every 6 weeks, each player receives a free castle. This would liven up the game during and preparing for war. 30 alliance members building a war cluster within your enemy's stronghold. Players will use silver to speed up the build so everyone's a winner.
Parkside

Postby yd » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:46 pm

I like the free free castle idea.
yd

Postby bmw » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:59 am

I think this could be a great idea, on uk2 its just too expensive to even justify me taking a free castle, a free fort however would be valuable for me to take, but if the price of a free castle was reduced to 10% then i would see it being worthwhile for me to expand my cluster as i dont mind building castles up.
bmw

Postby Milamber » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:06 am

I'd be happy with half silver cost when capping a free castle
Milamber

Return to Suggestions & Feedback