Castle defence

Re: Castle defence

Postby Shadowlord Dracos » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:46 am

Well actually Alexander, you'd be surprised. Many many many castles and cities have had to rebuild their keeps and buildings after a siege, which IS costly and time consuming, so it's an entirely realistic idea.
Shadowlord Dracos

Postby Custos » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:48 am

Scenario

50k troops attack a level one castle being defended by 101 spears

Result, attacker fails to capture,

That is plain stupid, this suggestion does not remove trickle defence, just recognises that at some stage an overwhelming attack force will totally crush a low defended castle
Custos

Postby Rakan11949 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:27 pm

I wanna discover more from this game becouse i don't now how can i play
Rakan11949

Postby AC-usa4 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm

I think it's good the way it is! If your able and willing to put the time in you can save your castles. If you weren't able to trickle people would be losing a lot of castles. Most people that don't like it just don't want to do it. It's a skill not everyone has mastered.
AC-usa4

Postby Jllo2035 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Trickling is the only skill requirement left in this game now.

While it is unrealistic to think you could trickle defenders to a castle under siege, many aspects if this game are also unrealistic when examined in a real world context. It is a game and as such, is given a certain amount of leeway.

Attackers got the ultimate weapon when synched attacks were implemented. There is no skill required to hit a castle with 150 castle attacks because it's all done for you now. All of the skilled planning, coordinating and detailed analysis that used to be required is now replaced by the equivalent of the smart missile 'fire and forget'. If realism is being touted then this feature is more offensive than trickle defense of a castle.

If the castle over run is implemented, then the synched attack feature should be removed. Attackers should NOT have both major advantages in this game.

Trickle defense is the only way smaller players can stand and survive against larger players. I would hate to see their only option removed, opening the door to even more bullying of small players by larger players.

I am a large player but remember when I was first starting out.
Jllo2035

Postby Dof » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:21 am

@Jllo2035: Agreed.

For those touting the realism aspect, I think you need to step back and take a look at the big picture. The game is simplified on purpose, and trickling fits in well. Defenders had a myriad of tricks and traps up their sleeves which are not displayed ingame, instead, replaced by the trickle, which symbolizes these other tricks while keeping the game widely accessible.
Dof

Postby Bilbo-LKotA » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:02 am

Tricking means good teamwork. Without it new players or those not having copious time get wiped out from the game. That cannot be good.
If all you want is numbers superiority, then the very few top 200 or so players end up the only players.

It may not be realistic in reflecting real life, but its a game and players need to have a chance of winning and losing,
Bilbo-LKotA

Postby TheGrail » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:20 am

Not realistic? Remember Cameron ... 3000/65 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Camarón
TheGrail

Postby Belgarath » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:25 pm

As storm born said, new troops land outside the castle and should not be entitled to defence bonus
Belgarath

Postby Winston Wolf » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:16 am

👎Sorry to disagree with most of the postings but the trickle defense, while not necessarily realistic, needs to stay as is. It's the one skillful element to the game and this is the one way a good player can distinguish themselves from a mediocre one. There's a lot of good ideas on this forum but this one thing I wish they wouldn't change. Please don't change it
Winston Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feedback