UK2, hiding our wallets, going back to old school

UK2, hiding our wallets, going back to old school

Postby Spangledish » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Dear Developers of our beloved L&K,

Recently, I sent you what can only be described as a humble request to take your hand out of my wallet, which explained my displeasure for your recent changes to L&K. In short, the issues I raised were as follows:

- shorter troop building lists in fortresses than in castles before we are charged gold.

-shorter technology lists (if you can call one item a list) in universities than in libraries before we are charged gold.

-your overwhelming desire to encourage players to buy castles, buy resources, 'raise the banner' and basically do anything possible to make a buck, and simplify a once challenging, fun and competitive game.

In return to my in depth message I got, 'yer we'll think about it ta' or something of the sort... So I'll try to grab your attention again, and ask you to think about your recent changes, and the way you are destroying a much loved and popular game, in the name of a few quid.

Why is it we spend our precious time and silver (sometimes even gold) on building a fortress apparently superior to a castle just to be granted less benefits, before we are charged to build troops or research technologies? In which scenario, would you find a university unable to research further and faster than a library, and why does it take so many subjects to build/operate a university of collectively they can still only research the same amount as before? Also do you think more troops trained at Dover castle, than they did at Constantinople? No. That's ridiculous. So why can less troops be trained at MY superior castles.

As players, we appreciate that L&K is a business, as a small business owner myself, I know the difference between greed and making a profit. We understand you often add updates to make our experience less time consuming, more fun, or to simplify tasks. In most of the recent updates this is not the case, you have wasted productivity on utter garbage like 'chat' which I believe I have NEVER seen used, this isn't constructive. You have added more and more gold features, and totally forgotten (or more likely ignored) your loyal, long standing customers in order to make yet more money.

One of the things that shocks me most, is that old features have been altered to tender to your new scheme, not so long ago we could research as many technologies as we wanted at any 1 time, they were added to the list and off we went on our jollies knowing we could come back to some points and upgrades, now I have fully upgraded fortresses, and can only research 1? Err... What?

I remember the suspense of starting a new server; meeting a new squad and picking your stronghold destination 'quick everyone, get farming and cap here' now all the funs gone, 'quick everyone, get your wallet out as usual and move your castle over here', yep that's realistic, coz the pope stood and and rallied a crusade and said, this'll be easy, we'll all just pick our castles up for 3 quid, and put them next to each other. Win win. And I understand the need to deter alts, I respect and love that in fact, but you never bothered with alts before quit clearly! Or have you never been on a Russian server?

But any who; when you eventually do get that stronghold and your a hundred castles in, the balls rolling, your at war with 1st place making your mark on the server, diplomacy is underway: 'You have received a message on UK6, New server UK7 quick everyone buy another castle in a new server and do it all over again'

There's not much suspense left to be fair, when my castles light up, and I have 10 incomings, I don't have to bother much on working out the fakes, just check my bridges and see what what...

Now there's not much we can't do for a few extra quid anyway, can't be arsed to farm? Ah, just buy some resources aye, got a new cap and it's already under attack? 24 hours before you have the spears you need for a quick trickle, no worries, get your wallet out and finish them off.

If you are going to rob us blind at every corner why not use the money wisely? And win back the trust and love of your loyal customers, and add a new twist to the game, merge some dead servers OR, for the LOVE OF GOD! ADD NEW TROOPS TYPES!!! How hard can this be? It's OBVIOUSLY what the game needs.

So basically all I'm really trying to say is, take your hand out of my pocket, put old servers back to old rules, and stop allowing them to just die by bringing out new ones every time your nan clips her toenails, if you have the time and technology to build new servers liven up old ones first, before more leave, i think enough of my old friends are gone. Take away features that make the game too easy, at least on old servers, where people actually know how to play the game and loved it for what it was.

If you do not follow these commands, I will send my swords, archers and lancers (nothing else because that's all we have, ever, I know boring right?) to your castles, and urinate on the carpets.

Much love and tenderness, your humble yet unforgiving, Tucky🐔, Reservoir Dogs, UK2/6
Spangledish

Re: UK2, hiding our wallets, going back to old school

Postby benja » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Well all I can say is that I agree with what my good friend Tucky has posted here... All I can add is that anyone, I repeat anyone could do well at this game If they buy gold??? It shouldn't be that way!! Yes buying gold Gould have an advantage but it shouldn't mean that new players on a new server are able to hit 2000 points in less than a week cause that just shouldn't be possible!!! And by the end of the two weeks they are at 5k points and have gold rushed all their castles full of troops! This just isn't fair!! But also stop releasing new servers causing perfectly good old ones to die!!!
Apache Warrior, Reservoir dogs UK2
benja

Postby Dunc » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Couldn't agree more with what Tucky is saying, lots of people are leaving UK2 and for the leaders of Alliances we feel the need to find new ways of keeping this game interesting and fun!

Silver levels do need increasing in castles to keep your big regular game players interested as the cost in silver to take a single castle is going up and up. The only fun a big player gets is land reform time where castles can actually be taken at a reduced cost.!

New Fortresses take forever to build and upgrade unless you use gold to speed things up.

Reduce silver cost production and increase max silver levels in castles and fortresses.

Stop bringing out new servers and look after us old ones as we are keeping your Gold coffers full!

Black Dunc UK2 Titans
Dunc

Postby pup » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Totally agree with Tucky
We play this game for fun & relaxation.
You should add new USEFUL features, not usless ones.

Uk 2, Pupix @Rangers
pup

Postby Ray90 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:06 pm

That is spot on 👍🏻 hopefully they pay attention to this, it would bring back a lot of fun that's been lost.

Ray Titans uk2
Ray90

Postby Avenger 1 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:17 pm

I totally agree with you Tucky on every point!

It is now getting to an alarming point where a lot of great players are leaving the game and soon it will kill off the game completly!

The need for people to buy gold is becoming a major issue and needs to be addressed.

The main issue for me is how quickly the new servers are coming out, the server you start on just gets to a great point and everyone is getting to good levels and a new server comes out and you lose half the server! It is ridiculous! I remember the days when servers were out for a long time and it allowed a community to grow on them and everyone to get stuck in and have some fun. But now you just get people going half active or leaving completely off to the new server then same again in another 6/7 months.

The community I feel actually needs to get more pro active and do something to make the devs listen to us. I think a large amount of the community needs to get together and either start a boycott on gold buying for a set period or a boycott of any new servers released until they start to take notice of us.

Just my thoughts and thanks for posting this Tucky.
Avenger 1

Postby Spangledish » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Well done everyone, let's get ourselves heard!!

Tucky - your loyal servant 😘
Spangledish

Postby bigja » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Tucky has it right,

Iv quit my main server today, just given up. Not because I wanted to, but because that's what so many old friends and new ones seem to be doing, I had a lot of fun on this server until uk6 came along, look around uk5 and there are still castles and even forts around inactive since the launch of Uk6, and not enough live players to take them all out. Now 7 has come along before 6 even really got started.

Between alt accounts and New servers 2 often your older players on older servers who have probably done a great deal both financially (even if they don't admit it) and by helping new players learn the game are left feeling alienated, we want to stay on our favourite servers, but we know that they are dying off around us, even if not completely chances are the guys who always had your back not that long ago are a bit sluggish nowadays because they are playing on newer servers aswell

I'm on uk6, but how long will that last now?

And I almost feel there is no point in me joining uk7 now as it been live a fortnight so surely uk8 will be out in a few months. The game now is aimed that much at new players that the old ones are forget about, their voices unheard
bigja

Postby BW aka Dot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:03 pm

I completely agree with Tucky,I can't afford to buy gold to get ahead in the game so I'm left far behind on uk2 and any new servers - I've quit all but uk2 and 3 as I couldn't build up at all on the others due to players with gold constantly attacking me with their trillions of forts!
I have two kids and a lot of pets to feed so can never justify buying gold for what my eldest daughter calls "my stupid castle game" 😤
BW aka Dot

Postby Milamber » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:23 pm

Any possibility of merging servers???

For the record I agree with everything that has been posted on this thread, sometimes it feels like the developers just want to bend us all over and screw us all...

Saying that apart of the problem is the players who run to other servers straight away and don't fight!!!
Milamber

Next

Return to UK worlds