New look, New update

Re: New look, New update

Postby warnow » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:30 pm

topher wrote:I'm about a week away from dropping thus game like a bad habit.

Interface sucks. Sending resources automatically now leaves me with no ore or stone, but plenty of wood.

Takes too long to move through the interface. What I could do in 15 min before, now takes me 45.

I have over 100 castles amd I'm pretty high ranked, so time is efficiency for me. IT took me an entire day how to send rss to my castles.

I agree, have also been playing this game for awhile USA server 1 to be exact. What used to take 15 minutes now is probably close to an hour, needless update. If this was the only way you could fit city in, you should have left it on the shelf. Nothing saves anymore, way to confusing. Doesn't get fixed soon, you will lose this 4+ year player as well.
warnow

Postby Dunc » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:53 pm

The new look is absolutely pants, can't understand why they didn't don't leave it the same as IOS and keep them the same!

Someone in there wisdom really thinks this is a great improvement! it's not and makes an easy to play game like walking through cement . I play on iPad iOS system with the new update great, but on my Android phone it's totally different , what are the developers really thinking!😡

It's obvious they want Android phone users to drop the game of which I've played on it for nearly 5 years. When it comes to rating the game it will be getting a big thumbs down on Android😟
Dunc

Postby MAXIM009 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Is it possible to save a bridge after you mark it yellow on this new update?
MAXIM009

Postby MAXIM009 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:20 pm

If I delete this version can I play X'mas version permanently to avoid the new format? I've seriously gave this a chance thinking as I get used to it it would get better but I've had enough and don't want to play the new version.
MAXIM009

Postby MAXIM009 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:38 pm

Playing the X'mas version now and everything works and looks great. Going to put myself on a gold spending freeze until I know this version isn't getting ruined too.
MAXIM009

Postby SoAFan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:09 am

Found a few more glitches, some in the android redesign, others in the browser redesign,

Android,

When viewing videos for gold in the tavern video launches fine but when they close and it goes back to the tavern it hangs with the word "Loading" and a scrolling circle next it and it won't clear. Have to kill the game in task manager to log back in.

Also there is no link to the gold rewards in profile as there was in the previous version.

The ability to add users to a private message or mass mail message I cannot find on the phone. I have not tried to create any new messages but did have an opportunity to have to add one of our guys back to a mass mail message that he accidentally deleted while getting used to the new redesign of things. I could not find that function or do it so I had to go to the browser version to accomplish that.

Browser,

The copy/paste function is of no value as you cannot copy everything in a message to past to a new posting. It will not scroll to allow you to capture all text and if you right click and chose select all it grabs everything in the entire session.

When you make customized changes on how castles list when you click on the castle name displayed at the upper center of the screen it does not save those settings and you have to reset them each time you log into the game.

When you have the focus of the screen on a particular castle then you click on the castle name displayed at the top center to spawn the list of all the castles, it doesn't go directly to that castle in the list but instead starts at the very top and you have to scroll down to find that castle or anyone after it in the list. Makes it very hard with setting up attacks or other things.

When you click the icon on the bar to the right in the screen to show the comprehensive view of all the castles in the area with the range boundaries, where they are shown as colored dots, it will not allow you to change the magnification so that you can see a larger area verses being enlarged and focused in. Would be nice if the magnification could work through the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Support bridges, it would be nice and very convenient to get to support bridges if when you click on the castle that requires assistance and has activated bridges, that it shows up as an available link or option rather than going back and forth from the castle to setup the trickles to the message and having to drill back down to find the links in messages. The same functionality would be nice if the same in the android version also.

General,

It would be nice if a download version of the game for windows was available from the Windows 10 store like the store on android or the itune store for apple. It would be great to play the game in a similar app as you have to the android only with the fixes suggested and fixed.

Right now I have to switch back and forth from windows to android to get everything done that I need.

Also, wish list item, it would be nice and welcomed if you created a special silver event for everyone to help make up for the inconveniences caused by the deployment of the new redesign. Many people have lost assets of different kind, castles, forts, silver and troops as a result of the new software and the trouble with not having any good tutorials or support notes to make those changes easier to get accustomed to.

Thank you.

I have become a teacher and guru of sort for the members in my alliance as my background in IT and software support has served me well to get used to the drastic changes and I have found myself taking request in from all the member to workout issues and find work arounds. Should you need I am looking for a new position at this time and am available for job consideration.
SoAFan

Postby Normalbegåvad » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Agree, change not good. Not user friendly, requires more scrolling and clicking. Possibility to type numbers is good but you should kept the old style of slider. Sometimes you want to type and other times use slider.
Normalbegåvad

Postby SoAFan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Found more bugs

This one seems to be in both the android and browser versions.

Android,

When trading goods for silver and you chose your means of transport I found it miscalculates the load, for example, each Armored Horseman can carry 22 resources each so it takes 3 to carry enough resources to get 1 silver at the exchange rate of 50:1. So it should take 6 to get 2 silver and so on. It will not calculate at that rate. Found I had to use 7 to get enough to receive 2 silver. I believe it is the same thing I found in the browser version where it is not exchanging at 50:1 but at 45:1 or some other in the android version.

Another issue I found in the Android version is with sending resources to another castle. In the past all you had to do was chose your transport method and click fill and it would fill the carriers with a balance of wood, stone and ore. Now it put copper and silver in the mix also which if you aren't paying attention means you sent things you didn't intend to, to another castle or a team mate. This issue exists in both version for android and the browser version.

Browser,

In this version even though when you click on the castle and it show the ratios of 50:1 for silver exchange based on the fact you castle is maxed out a 10, when you click on trade silver and you get the next screen to pick your transport method and load, it shows the exchange rate at 45:1 and even if you try to compensate for the miscalculation it still does not come out right.

I have figured out ways to trade resources for silver in easy to manage numbers, for example of you castle is maxed out at 10 for each castle it makes the exchange rate a 50:1. So if I chose 10 Ox carts and fill them with resources it comes out to 500 silver I will receive. This makes things easy and neat to manage and easier when it comes to sending silver for captures when conquering a new castle.

There are similar formulas for forts depending on the keeps strength.

Please resolve this asap

Thank you.
SoAFan

Postby Saka » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:27 am

I hope Devs are tracking daily log ins because with new design I stopped playing as much and i am sure i am not the only one.
Its hard to drop it while you have over 100 forts and final war on the server is about to be over but new design is crap. I guess with all the old users leaving the game Devs decided to just kill it with an update
Saka

Postby nihnn » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:20 am

Agree, just took me forever to do the simplest things. Completely took the fun out. If it doesn't go back to a user friendly setup I'm done.
nihnn

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feedback