Castle defence

Re: Castle defence

Postby Xman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:23 pm

My guess is most of u are victims to losing all of your force to a trickle D. There are plenty of other offensive strategies to use to avoid them. No I will not share! Lol but trickling is apart of the game. If u don't like the 101 then go to the battle server where u atleast need 501 troops per round. The game is perfect! Someone posted before trickling is a skill, quit crying and learn it
Xman

Postby DoRG » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Y'all got to remember, you're not laying siege to the castles, you're attacking the troops stationed there. There are no siege engines in game to reduce a keep to rubble, after capture you obtain a pristine building, undamaged by your army, and a peasant population untraumatized by rape and pillage.
There are such concepts as Sally Gates, Harrying Attacks, gorilla tactics, ambush and use of terrain to the defenders advantage. You're not attacking a castle, rather a province containing defenders and a castle.
DoRG

Postby Custos » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks for the different views on this topic, very much appreciate

Seems that the main objection is the lost of trickle defence. If you read my posts you will see that that would not be the case, just means you would need to maintain a higher troop level to do trickle defence.

It also rewards people for having a higher defence level

Also anyone who thinks that trickle defence (pressing a button every 10 minutes) is a skill, needs to look up that word in a dictionary
Custos

Postby Patches » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:53 pm

If you get rid of trickle, might as well play FarmVille
Patches

Postby Jon El Cid » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:43 pm

I agree drip defense not realistic, I also think that defending troops that arrive after a castle is under siege, should meet on the field and not gain the defensive bonus. 1-1

But to take a fully upgraded castle you should need 10-1 troops ratio.
Jon El Cid

Postby RAY3 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:11 am

IMO, And I am sure its been discussed but with each upgrade of a castle or fort, it should take so many troops to bring that component down without troops there. If troops occupy then it increases the protection of the site that much more thus requiring even more offensive troops to take.
Also, I would like to bring up that we should be able to maneuver troops from any location instead of having to bring them back to their home site.
Items such as catapults that have been mentioned, if introduced, should require a longer travel time and build time. An option should be offered to counter act this item if presented.
RAY3

Previous

Return to Suggestions & Feedback